Sunday, April 21, 2013

Week 2

Whew! What a week!  Blogs, file sharing, and browers oh my!

While I'm still not convinced of this blog thing yet, social bookmarking has literally changed my life.  And to think all these years I've been EMAILING myself links back and forth from home to school and vice versa!  I have casually been using Pinterest for awhile now but didn't realize I was engaging in "social bookmarking".  Of all the sites we evaluated, my favorite is Diigo.  I've already bookmarked a few links for school that contain lesson ideas and worksheets to print. 


As far as Google docs go, I've been a convert the first time I realized I didn't have to hit "save" anymore and I said "sayonara" to my flash drive.  I currently use Google docs to collaborate with co-workers and administrators.  I have used Google docs with students in the classroom.  I'm excited to begin using social bookmarking as a collaboration tool as well.  What a great way for colleagues to post links to articles or websites with great lesson ideas!

"Don't work harder....work smarter!"








2 comments:

  1. Work smarter, not harder...don't you wish this saying didn't have to come with all of the growing pains, learning & reflection???

    I think I will come to love Diigo as much as you when I get some time to tinker with it. I LOVE Pinterest bc I am connected to some brilliant educators and again can't wait until summer to really sit down, organize and plan. My units next year will be studly! :)

    One thing I struggle with is putting units together. As an Art teacher, there are no books and most of the time very little no curriculum. The way I was taught at University is not conducive to the classroom framework I am currently in. Do you have any great tips or websites on planning units....i.e time, effectiveness etc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica! I love the design of your blog! Your personality shines through into your blog and four this class. What do you use as far as social bookmarks are concerned? Do you have a favorite now that we are being exposed to even more, especially the online storage pieces?

    Do you feel that your students would especially benefit from learning about some of these pieces such as the Google Docs?

    Look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete